Sunday, September 14, 2014

From my other life

My real job is teaching middle school French. So when I saw this fabric at the end of last school year, I just allowed myself to give into temptation. I still maintain that I will never wear holiday pins (you know, the pumpkin in October, the turkey in November...), but obviously my credibility is drying up with this fabulous new garment:


Behold the Lisette market tunic (Simplicity 2211) with a more basic sleeve (I copied from my Schoolhouse Tunic pattern), sewn from Timeless Treasures Paris Motif.  

I don't wear a lot of white but I feel this top will have its moments at the annual French fĂȘte, various department gatherings, and maybe a professional conference or two! My only question is whether to wear it to Back-to-School Night (i.e. Parents Night). What do YOU think?

No comments: